What You Should Avoid or Reduce to Care for Your Teeth
Taking care of your teeth may not be as easy as it sounds. There are things you need to do and things you need to avoid doing.
In this blog, we will be breaking down the different things, substances and habits you need to avoid. Without any further ado, here is how you can care for your teeth:
Do not smoke
Wow. We really are starting with something light, aren’t we? Smoking has been a habit of many Americans many years ago. Cigarette commercials were very prevalent in the television but were banned in the later years. Do you know why? It is because it is bad for one’s health. Did you see that information coming?
Now, many switch to electronic cigarettes to satisfy their desires but guess what, it does not benefit anyone but just does harm to you, your loved ones and the environment.
Effect of smoking on teeth:
- Yellow stains on teeth
- Bad breath
- Gum disease
- Worst-case scenario: mouth cancer
If you are an avid fan of smoking, you may already know or it may have already been carved in your system that it is difficult to quit. But just as you know, many people have tried quitting and they have succeeded.
Do you finally want to get rid of that stick? There are many resources for which you can and these are just some of these resources and methods:
- Get support. It may be a friend, a family member, or a support group. You can do great things when you find shoulders to cry on and people to hear you.
- Avoid tempting situations. Smoking is not just a habit but a way to reduce your stress and anxiety. Therefore, avoid situations that will cause you stress and anxiety. Learn how to meditate. Relax. Most of all, share your feelings with someone you trust.
- Call a hotline. If ever you suddenly had the urge to light a stick up, call a hotline. Make other people involved. It is not just your journey but the community’s as well.
- Call a doctor or an addiction counsellor. It may be very best to consult the experts for better results.
- Try nicotine replacement therapy. To venture on this replacement, you may consult your addiction counsellor or an expert on the matter.
- Get treatment in a treatment centre. If you think you can never conquer your cravings for that stick on your own and with your
Limit your sugar consumption
That warning your mother may have told you when you were still a kid may be right. Too much sugar is bad for your health and on your teeth.
Effects on too much sugar on your teeth:
- Tooth decay
So what are the foods you need to avoid? Here are just some of these harmful sugary substances and may need limiting:
- Juice (just one glass a day)
- Highly sweetened tea or coffee
What a bummer! We know. Reality is indeed cruel. But hey, when you avoid smoking and reduce the amount of sweet stuff you load your mouth with; the results can be very promising dental results.
Speaking about promising dental results, you can now avail quality Dental Care in Sterling Parkway Lincoln CA through Tooth Spa Dentistry.
Tooth Spa Dentistry is one of the leading providers of Dental Care in Sterling Parkway Lincoln CA. In case you ever had one of the horrifying effects of smoking and sweets on your teeth, you can visit us at www.toothspadentistry.com.