How to Care for your Teeth (What You Should Do)
Your teeth are your window to your overall wellbeing. Taking care of it means taking care of the rest of your body. What are the things you must do to take care of your teeth? Here is a list of the things you can do to make a great impact to your overall wellbeing:
1. Brush twice a day
- Brushing is one of the vital things you MUST to maintain your oral health.
- Brush at least 2 minutes to get to all the surfaces of your teeth.
- As a parent, it is your duty to teach your children how to have a good oral hygiene habit. Let them start brushing on the day they have their first baby teeth.
- Use soft bristled brush or even an electric toothbrush for better results.
- Replace your toothbrush every three months.
- Do not brush too soon after your meals. Wait for at least 30 minutes before you brush the harmful bacteria away.
- Use fluoride toothpaste for it defends the enamel and prevents cavities from forming in your tooth.
2. Floss daily
Flossing is very important especially for reaching at areas that are inaccessible by your toothbrush.
- Utilize 30-cm floss or even an interdental cleaner. Insert in between your teeth, move it up and down. Curve around the other tooth. Then you have to repeat the process.
- Be gentle when you reach below the gum line.
3. Use mouthwash
- Use a mouthwash with fluoride in it.
- Optional: make a natural remedy by putting a half teaspoon of salt into one glass of warm water and stir.
- Do not swallow the mouthwash.
4. Brush or scrape your tongue
- Brush gently your tongue or use a particular tongue scraper. Some toothbrushes have a rough and rubbery patch on the back which can be used for cleaning the tongue.
- Gently brush or scrape so as not to injure your tongue.
5. Let crunchy fruits of vegetables do the work.
Teeth can be scraped clean with a piece of fruit or vegetable. Consider eating the following after your meal and replace your snacks with the following:
As human and living beings, we need to take good care of ourselves for if we do not, then who will? Just follow the mentioned steps in taking care of your teeth and you will surely avoid dentures when your hair turns to that beautiful shade of grey.
In having a healthy set of teeth, you need to exert an effort. You can also maintain your healthy teeth by visiting the best supplier of Dental Care in Sterling Parkway Lincoln CA which is no other than Tooth Spa Dentistry.
With our professional and experienced dentists, you can have confidence and satisfaction with the services we are currently offering.
For more tips and facts about your oral health and our Dental Care in Sterling Parkway Lincoln CA, you may visit us at www.toothspadentistry.com.