Tooth sensitivity is just one of the worst things that could happen to your teeth. It makes you lose your appetite; therefore, making you miss out on the nutrients you need. If you have this problem, do not worry. It is not the end of the world.
Here are ways on how you can relieve yourself from this dental health problem:
- Use desensitizing toothpasteIf you have consulted your dentist about your sensitive teeth, they may have recommended you to use desensitizing toothpaste. What brand is ideal for the problem? Actually, any brand will do.As a word of advice, use a fluoridated toothpaste rather than tartar-control toothpaste. When you brush your teeth, spread a thin layer of desensitizing toothpaste on the tooth roots that have been exposed.
- Get rid of those hard-bristled toothbrushesOne reason why patients have sensitive teeth is because they are using the wrong kind of toothbrush. Using a hard-bristled toothbrush is not friendly toward your enamel. So, if you notice that your toothbrush may be hard, get rid of it.It is easy to spot soft-bristled toothbrushes. They can be seen in grocery stores and even in your local convenience store. Invest on your teeth to avoid further complications.
- Do not eat highly acidic foods.Enamel erodes as easy as unplanted soil, especially if these are not healthy. When you eat acidic foods, it further complicates your problem as it makes your enamel more prone to thinning.You may like eating canned fruits, foods with a lot of sugar, processed foods, and other highly acidic foods but always remember to minimize taking them. You do not want to suffer from sensitive teeth, do you?
- Use a fluoridated mouthwash every single dayTaking care of your teeth includes having to invest on these main products: (1) fluoridated toothpaste, (2) toothbrush, (3) dental floss, and of course, (4) mouthwash.Fluoridated mouthwash allows the fluorine to infiltrate even the most unreachable places of our mouth. This prevents complications such as cavities which can worsen your tooth sensitivity.
- Do not grind your teethGrinding your teeth is tempting especially when you are angry or just bored. However, did you know that grinding them can cause sensitive teeth? Consider using a mouth guard for that matter.
Another bonus tip on how to finally rid yourself of sensitive teeth is to go to your dentist. If you are looking for the finest dental experience and Dental Care in Sterling Parkway Lincoln, CA, try Tooth Spa Dentistry.