Have you experienced a sudden and sharp flash of pain when your teeth are exposed to cold, hot, or acidic foods? Sometimes, you can also feel the same pain when your teeth are open to the elements.
If you are panicking over this matter, know that you do not have to. In the United States, 40 million adults share the same problem. This is a common dental problem known as tooth sensitivity.
Why do you have this problem? Here are the possible reasons why:
- Brushing too hardMany of us brush too hard because we believe that doing so will get rid of those cavities. But because of such an act, you may now be susceptible to tooth sensitivity. Brushing too hard can wear down your enamel. This can cause your dentin to be exposed or even encourage gum recession!So, be careful when brushing your teeth. If you noticed that your toothbrush is the heavily damaged one among your family members, you have to be weary. Start brushing your teeth softly from now on.
- Receding gumsOnce your gums recede, your dentin is once again exposed. This is common for those people who have periodontal disease. If you noticed this problem, consult your dentist immediately.
- Having gingivitisIf the roots of your tooth are exposed, you will eventually have the said tooth problem. Gingivitis may be the problem. It is a dental problem where your gum tissues are inflamed and sore. Ask your dentist about this for more information.
- Having cracked teethIf your teeth have cracks, bacteria may fill in them due to the accumulated plaque. This is the main cause in inflammation in the pulp of your tooth. If the case is severe, the problem may lead to an infection or an abscess.
- Eating acidic foodsDo you love eating acidic foods? If you do, then you better slow down. These foods wear down your enamel, which causes your sensitive teeth. Watch your diet from now on.
- Using mouthwash for a long period of timeSome mouthwashes contain acid. This is common in over-the-counter ones. Acids make your sensitive tooth worse, which can further damage your dentin layer.
- Plaque buildupNeed we say more? Plaque causes a lot of tooth problems such as cavities, tooth decay, and, of course, sensitive teeth. Make sure to properly care for your teeth to avoid this problem.
Even if you have an idea on the possible causes of your tooth sensitivity, avoid playing as your own personal dentist. Consult the real experts to avoid further problems and to save money.
Are you looking for the finest Dental Care in Sterling Parkway Lincoln, CA? Look no further. Tooth Spa Dentistry provides the dental experience you never have imagined. We have with us a team of professionals who have been working in the dental care industry for a long time. Plus, we have complementary spa services to calm your nerves while waiting for your turn in the dental chair.
Visit us for more information or you may go to our website at www.toothspadentistry.com.
Blogs, content and other media uploaded online are for informational purposes only. Contents on this website should not be considered medical advice. Readers are strongly encouraged to visit their physician for health-related issues.
Leave a Reply